Last summer I had the privilege of working alongside Karol G on her groundbreaking Mañana Será Bonito European Tour. We captivated audiences across 10 cities in Europe from June to July 2024, including stops in Zurich, Cologne, Amsterdam, London, Paris, Milan, Antwerp, Berlin, Lisbon, and Madrid. The tour made history as the largest Latin music European tour ever, with Karol G breaking numerous records along the way.
The adventure continued as I joined the legendary Paul McCartney on his Got Back tour in South and Central America. From October to November 2024, we crisscrossed the continent, with shows in Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica, and Mexico. The passion of the Latin American crowds was truly electrifying, and it was an honor to contribute to "Sir Paul's" iconic performances.
By God's grace, I've kept my commitments to Strictly Hip-Hop back home, even while spending four months on the road. We've hosted some fantastic events over the winter, including an Ugly Sweater Christmas Party and a live remote at Ivy Hall. We also helped spread the word about Desi Banks bringing his comedy show to the Peoria Civic Center on December 27, 2024, as part of his "Purpose Chaser Tour"
My Sunday radio show, #StrictlyAfroBeats, is still going strong in its fifth year. I'm particularly proud that by God's grace, I've maintained consistency no matter where I've been in the world.
Recently Marc Supreme and I have launched a live show every Tuesday from 4-5:30. We're working on getting our TuneIn Radio link back up, but until then, you can catch us right here on my blog.
From lighting up stages across Europe to rocking South America, this year has shown me that whether it's pyro or radio, Mañana Será Bonito (tomorrow will be beautiful).
My resolution for 2025 - keep the beat going and the sparks flying!
~KD
No comments:
Post a Comment